1. Route 66 ~ This has visited itself to Pop Junkie before but is always a welcome visitor. Take your pick from the Stones, Chuck Berry, Bobby Troup’s original, Jerry lee Lewis, Perry Como, a thousand others, or Dr Feelgood in their Wilco-propelled heyday.
2. Blackberry Way: The Move – Fantastic song from one of the often under-rated and overlooked bands from the 1960s mid-table Premiership.
3. Penny Lane: The Beatles. Fantastic song from the 1960s Manchester United!
4. Dead End Street: The Kinks – Fantastic song from the 1960s Arsenal (I promise no more of this daft analogy).
5. Respectable Street: XTC – Fantastic song from one of the often under-rated and overlooked bands from the post-punk prem…. Great band, great song, flop of a single.
6. Electric Avenue: Eddy Grant – This sounded all right when I was 17, not so sure now.
7. Rosecrans Boulevard – A Jimmy Webb song, covered by Gordon Waller and the Fifth Dimension.
8. Autobahn: Kraftwerk – The revered and legendary electro pioneers. I quite liked this when I was 10, but definitely not my cuppa tea these days.
9. A13: Billy Bragg – An Essex version of Route 66. Not a Bragg fan either, but this is fun.
10. Shady Lane: Pavement – “You’ve been chosen as an extra in the movie adaptation of the sequel to your life”. Great line.